Beach Wedding Ideas
If you’re having a destination wedding or simply want to add a touch of sand and sun to your wedding at home, our Beach Wedding ideas series is for you. Part one was posted a few weeks back, make sure to scroll down for those ideas after reading this one!
First up is our rhinestone and seashell beach wedding unity candle set. It comes complete with the unity candle and tapers accented with accented with shells, rhinestones, faux pearls, and an organza bow. Reminder: the candleholder is not included.
One of our all time favorite beach wedding ideas is this shell boutonniere for the groom/groomsmen. It is a simple detail that will bring out the beach at any event!
These beach chair photo frames are an adorable way to bring a little beach to your big day. Available in white, these mini chairs can hold one photo each and would be perfect on top of a cake, on your guest book table, or simply as a beach centerpiece on your reception tables.
Speaking of guest book table, this guest book/pen combo features a starfish decor that will be sure to have your guests thinking sand, sun, and salty breeze! Available in two colors, white book with a silver pen or an ivory book with a gold pen. A perfect option for any destination weddings!
To compliment your guest book, this starfish and shell beach ring pillow doesn’t get any better. Grab your little man and give him the most important job! The pillow is decorated with a delicate starfish and polished abalone shell with heart-shaped faux pearl accents, and the starfish features a rhinestone and faux pearl accent. Available in white satin!
For the little girl in your life, this flower girl basket is the matching pair to the above pillow. The starfish and shell perfectly match the pillow and the basket is available wrapped in satin.
The easiest way to incorporate the beach into your wedding day is to add a beach wedding cake topper. This one includes a barefoot couple kissing on the sand, and is a sweet addition to any cake table.
Bachelorette Party Ideas
There are so many ways to make your final fling unique, and we have tons of bachelorette party ideas to get you started! From outfits and decor to favors and gifts, everything you need to have a good time is available. Check out our list of top ideas and must have items before you finish your planning!
No bachelorette party is complete without the bride standing out! This veil and sash set is the perfect way to keep the attention on the bride to be. Available in crisp white, satin and trimmed in black, this sash can be accented with free personalization in one of today’s hottest weeding colors, as well as your choice of text.
Give your bridesmaids a gift to remember with these hot pink bachelorette koozies to keep their drinks cold! Not only are they perfect for partying on the town, but the girls can keep them as a party favor.
Spice up your evening with this fab figurine shot glass! Add a mix of fun with the gorgeous bride figurine dressed up in her party dress and ready to go out with glitz and striking details. Grab one for all of your bridesmaids and don’t forget one for yourself!
If your girl’s aren’t beer drinkers, these custom martini glasses will be a much better fit. A decal on the front of the glass reads “CAUTION Bachelorette Party in Progress” with a series of hot pink warning triangles decorate the glass and the base. Also available in a version for the bride!streaming Power Rangers 2017 film
Whether you have a group of girls you’ve known forever or a mixture of ladies from all walks of life, these bachelorette party coasters are a great way to get to know each other better. Each 4″ x 4″ coaster has a unique conversation-starting question that will give everyone something to talk about for hours.
Maybe your girls are more into wine? These adorable wine charms add flare to any wine glass for an evening of fun! The charms have a metal loop with pink and black beads that unhooks and wraps around the stem of a wine glass. The six different charm sayings included are: “Approach With Caution,” “CAUTION Bachelorette Party in Progress,” “Fling Before the Ring,” “Kiss the Bride” and two versions of “Girls Night Out.”
As you can see there are many bachelorette party ideas that can be incorporated into your final fling bash. Choose the ones that are best for you and let’s get the party started!
Beach Wedding IdeasBring the beach theme to your big day! We have compiled our list of a variety of items perfect for any destination beach wedding. One of our favorite beach wedding ideas is to incorporate seashells any way that you can. We are in love with these adorable seashell placecard holders! Each dainty, shiny shell holds a placecard and doubles as a wedding favor - guests can later use these keepsake shells to hold their own photos! A must have for any beach wedding. Next up, a unique idea to add some flare to your toes. Instead of being barefoot, consider adding fun foot jewelry for you and your bridesmaids. These are decorated with a mixture of pearls and shiny rhinestones, and are available in a variety of colors and stones. The perfect way to add that extra touch! A staple in wedding traditions, we have the perfect seashell garter for your beach wedding. This ivory satin and chiffon garter features a chiffon bow and seashell accents, perfect to keep or throw to all your single groomsmen. Another favorite way to thank your guests for coming is with this seashell bottle opener favor! Each bottle opener is presented in an elegant gift box with a clear top and a raffia tie. A designer tag that reads "Thank you for sharing this day" is included on each favor as well. Consider giving them to all guests, or to your immediate wedding party and family as a special thank you for all they've done. What cake table would be complete with a touch of beach? This seashell wedding cake topper is perfect for any beach theme wedding. Lastly, add one more tiny touch of seashells to your beach theme wedding with this wedding cake serving set. This set includes one 12" long cake knife and one 9.5" long cake server. Both are made of stainless steel with ivory acrylic handles. No matter what beach you choose, we have all the beach wedding ideas you need to keep your day special. Stay tuned for part 2 with additional items perfect for the beach!
Choosing the Perfect Wedding DressIn part of our choosing the perfect wedding dress series, we gave you some ideas to take into account your body shape and those areas you want to conceal in order to make your body look much better. Now, let’s continue with more useful tips and make sure you remember them when choosing your wedding dress so you take the best out of your figure! Photo by: The Long Hau
If you are tall, try a dress with lace or any other decoration to give the dress dimension. If, in addition, you are thin, you can let yourself be free to try a variety of gowns to see what feels the best on you. If you are blessed with curves, choose a dress fitted at the waist and that has minimal decorations on the hip or chest. Go for lightweight fabrics that fit well and flow freely. If you have a pear body shape (small waistline with curvy hips), try a dress fitted at the top and then have volume flowing down. This will make your torso and neckline to look tight and draw attention to enhance the upper part of your figure. If you love your back and want to show it off, look for an open back with a deep cut to the lower back. These designs look amazing if you have a curved back. Now, finding the perfect wedding dress is essential; however, it is also important to consider other elements that will not only complement but also reflect the bride’s personality on her whole look. Now that you selected the best fit for your body, you need to decide which accessories you will wear to make your outfit perfect. Concentrate, be calm and think which accessories you want to wear to match your dress and not look too charged. There are jewelry, tiaras, veils, gloves, hair accessories, purses and much more accessories to choose from and the decision should be based on the style of the bride, the weather/location and the dress. Something else you should consider is the design and the color of the dress. Therefore, the accessories will combine with it instead of standing out and discredit the dress. Finally, it is vital to pay special attention to the shoes. Remember you will be standing for many hours plus the dancing and greeting and your feet will definitely appreciate comfortable shoes. Look for elegant, beautiful and comfy shoes. Make sure to choose your size and a height you can handle. Also remember that many brides opt for two pairs of shoes; one to show for photos and for the ceremony, and another for an outdoor photo session and reception dancing. Overall, choosing the perfect wedding dress will have a huge impact on your big day. The more beautiful you look, the more beautiful you will feel.
How to Choose the Perfect Wedding DressPhoto Credit: June Cochran
Your wedding day is getting closer and with that, one of the most difficult decisions comes; how to choose the perfect wedding dress. By now you have probably looked to magazines and websites to learn about the trends in wedding dresses; however, the most important is to choose a dress that will make you look even more beautiful. There are so many options to choose from that brides get confused when it comes the moment to choose one, especially because they want to get the most out of their body and cover up those little details that worry them. No matter if you are thin, chubby or curvy, there is always a perfect dress for you. You just need to take some aspects into account and your choice will be easier. Here we have some useful tips for you. To look more stylized, go for a mermaid cut dress. There are tons of beautiful designs that will improve your figure Just take into account these cut of dresses have tail. If you don’t have a small waist, the best you can do is wear a deep V neckline which will lengthen your torso. Wearing heart-shaped necklines will make you look curvy. If you are lucky to be curvy, highlight that by wearing lightweight fabrics with a nice fall. Also, look for tight fitting designs that help you highlight your waist, hips and breasts. If you have small breasts, go with draped and decorated dresses which will help you create a volume effect on the area. Also, you could look for a push up or magic bra that helps you disguise that small detail. If, on the other hand, you have really big breasts, the best way to disguise them (if you want to), is to wear dresses without decoration on the neckline area and look instead for those that have those details on the bottom. Also, avoid turtleneck dresses which will emphasize that area. In case you have broad shoulders, you should try to divert attention from them. A great idea is to avoid large or pump sleeves. If you have too wide or thin arm, you will need to find a dress with sleeves that helps you conceal them. Also, you could use your veil to cover them a little. Choose an empire style design if what you are looking for is to hide your tummy. Another great idea is to get a dress with decoration below the neck so all attention is driven to the top of your body. Find more useful pieces of advice on the second part of our article so you choose the perfect wedding dress for your body.
As we have seen these last weeks, marriage ceremonies throughout the world are so different that you will never see exactly the same celebration on any. Each country has different customs and traditions that make their weddings unique. This week, we will be learning about the picturesque Chinese weddings. Before the process of the wedding starts, an intermediary takes care of all the formalities of the proposal. First they will give one gift to the parents of the bride and the groom and also get the birth information of her so they can investigate. An expert will decide if their marriage will be viable based on astrology. If it is, the groom’s parents will provide details about their son to do the same and compare their astrological chart. If everything goes well, both families will meet and evaluate the agreement. Once the marriage is decided, they start exchanging gifts between the two families. The parents of the bride are in charge of choosing the date of the wedding. This whole process can take even up to two years. To prepare for the wedding, the bride will be in a secluded room with her closest friends. During that time, they will sing to cry over the loss of her family. In the meantime, the groom will get the bridal bed installed the day before the wedding. However, they are usually helped by someone who has a lot of children since that is considered to give them luck. Something very typical about Chinese weddings is color red. Red for them symbolizes love and prosperity. Therefore, it is used in the bride and groom’s gowns, decorations, gifts and much more. The bride, dress in red, will get her hair arranged as a symbol of the initiation of adulthood. Also, she will get a red veil to cover her face and she is taken to her parents as a gratitude sign. Once she is ready, there will be a procession to take her to her future husband’s house. The groom, also in red, will undergo some ceremonies at the altar. They will the go to enjoy dinner at the bride’s house and at this point, the veil is taken off the bride’s face which, after a series of rituals, represents that the couple is now married. Then, the couple will offer a cup of tea to their respective parents-in-law to signify they have become one family. After that, the bride receives her wedding gift. A red envelope with money. Finally, the wedding celebration ends with a huge feast accompanied with fireworks, cigars and confetti.
Many couples love the idea of getting married on Halloween. It is the opportunity not only to have fun and let your inner child come out but also to show off your creativity and ability to scare all your guest through original and creepy decoration and details. From pumpkins, witches and ghosts to terrifying scenarios, there is a lot of material for a really scary and unique Halloween themed wedding.Boyka: Undisputed IV movie
If you are going to celebrate your wedding on Halloween, you will need a lot of great ideas to make it the spooky wedding of the year, we will gladly help you with that, so take note on the below ideas and plan a spectacular Halloween wedding.
- Castles have always been surrounded by mystery and horror; therefore, they become the perfect scenario for your Halloween wedding. Do your homework and search for the scariest. If you have the resources, you can even look for a castle abroad.
- Pumpkins are definitely the main characters when we talk about Halloween, so you cannot miss them on your wedding. There are many ways in which you can incorporate them: as centerpieces, as lamps to light the corridor where you will walk to the altar or in the floor, as decoration and of course as part of the menu!
- Your Halloween party must of course include terrifying elements. Thus, why not decorating every corner of the venue with them. Use skeletons, witches, zombies, insects, heads and much more to make the place as scary as possible. You can decorate the ceiling, the tables, chairs, walls and a lot more with them. You can even do a photo booth with the creepiest figures!
- Your dress may become the protagonist! Not by wearing a black dress or one that looks like a costume but, instead, you can prepare it to look awesome by adding any details you wish. It may be spider web, insects, wearing a creepy veil or even adding a vampire-like coat.
- People love disguises, so you should take advantage of the holiday and ask your guests to wear costumes to your party. To make sure it goes as planned, include instructions in the invitation to make sure everybody wears a cool disguise. If you want to make it even more interesting, you can offer a prize for the best costume.
These are just a few ideas to get you started, but you could definitely come up with more and have the best Halloween-themed wedding ever!
- Late at night, the groom, family and friends will go to the bride’s house to deliver the veil she will wear during the wedding. They will play music, dance and bring gifts. While they are celebrating, they steal the shoes that the bride will wear on the wedding ceremony which symbolizes how the girl will be taken away from her family. To recover the shoes, the best man and maid of honor must pay a ransom.
- The day of the wedding, the groom and his family will take the wedding dress to the bride and will ask the father permission for her to wear it.
- The brother or the closest male to the bride, will put her shoes on and place money inside to wish her luck and fortune.
- Before putting her veil on, the bride will pass it over the bridesmaids head to wish them luck in finding good husbands. Then, a happily married woman will put her the veil on to have good luck.
- Since the bridesmaids are single, the wedding day they will write their names on the right sole of the bride’s shoe. Once the party is over, the bride will check her sole and that name which can still be read, will be the next to get married.
- Green and red ribbons are placed by his mom on the groom’s jacket to symbolize happiness, promises, health and wellness.
- When they leave the church, two doves are released to wish the, happiness and love. In the meantime, guests will throw flowers and petals to the couple.
- Before celebrating, the couple will break decorated plates at the entrance of the venue. This ward off evil spirits as well as negative energies. They also do it before they enter their new home.
- When they enter, the go under an arch made of flowers which symbolizes happiness and prosperity.
- To welcome the couple, the guests will have colored scarves (usually red and green as the groom’s ribbons) and they will wave them while dancing.
- Finally, we have the shabash which consist on throwing money and coins to the couple to wish them fortune, wealth and good luck.
Tips for Short Brides
A woman should always wear what best suits her body and the wedding day must not be an exception. If you want to look stunning at your big day, make sure you choose the right dress for your body. Here are some tips for short brides to take into account when buying the dress and preparing your wedding look.download film Steve Jobs now
- The first thing you should take into account is volume. When you are short, you should avoid a lot of volume and instead, go for a tube or mermaid cut dress. The tightest your dress is, the taller you will look. In case you want to have a little volume on your dress, we recommend you to wear an A-line one.
- A dress with jewel details is also a great choice. The only thing you must take into account is that the jewelry must never be below your hips and of course, you should not abuse them; otherwise, the effect will not be as desired.
- When you are to choose the color, go for only one shade. Combining colors or shades will actually make you look shorter and that is what we want to avoid. Also, try not to choose a dress with prints.
- Elude any round-necked dress, it will not favor you at all. Instead choose a V-neckline which not only stylize your shoulders and neck, but it will only make you seem taller. Don’t be afraid of wearing a cleavage, it will definitely flatter your figure.
- As a bride to be, you may probably be dreaming with a long tail or vail. However, we are afraid to tell you that in your case, this is not a good idea as it will emphasize your height. Instead of a veil, you could wear a beautiful headdress which will make you look elegant and even taller.
- Stay away from big accessories. You could wear whatever you like but of an average size so you do not overdo your look.
- Shoes are your best allies when you are short. Therefore, do not be afraid to wear high heels. The higher they are, the higher you will look. Of course, do not compromise comfort. Choose high heels that you know you will be able to carry all day without ending up walking weird or with a terrible feet pain.
- Finally, a great tip to get a couple additional centimeters is with your hairstyle. Bet for high ponytails or buns. These will not only make you look elegant but also taller.
Hopefully, these tips will help you looks even better for your special day. Good luck!
We continue with our articles about the different rituals and traditions of weddings around the world. Today, we will talk about Italian weddings. Italians focus more on the ceremony than on the party and they have some other believes before the marriage that we will talk about. Before the Wedding Before the marriage, they start celebrating with what they call “La Promessa” which is a list of questions that the pastor asks the couple at the same church where they will get married. After that, he will give them the certificate to get married which they will take to the town hall. There, they will sing the legal marriage license application which is published for 8 days before the civil marriage is signed. Few days before the wedding, “fa ill letto” (the bed is made) in the future house of the couple. Friends and family get together to decorate the couple’s bedroom. The couple’s moms make the bed and then they place chocolates, candies, flowers and money on it. The Wedding The day of the wedding, family and friends divide to get to the house of the groom and bride. They toast and greet and then, in a caravan, they head to the church behind the couple’s car. The religious ceremony is basically a catholic ceremony; it may have some modifications but it is in essence the same. After the ceremony comes the best part, the party! As you may already know, Italians have an obsession with food and weddings are not an exception. There is one rule, eat as much as possible. Therefore, once the ceremony ends, the couple go out to take the pictures as the guests enter the venue. The party starts and the guests have a snack while the couple is out. Once the couple returns, everybody goes to the main room. There, guests can see the huge menu which is usually really assorted. Two appetizers, two main courses, two garnishes and of course desserts. After that, they serve coffee, fruit, candies and amaro (liqueur) for digestion. Once everybody eats and have full bellies, the bride and groom stand next to the souvenirs so guests give them money because gifts are no longer in vogue. In the meantime, people go to the disco part of the room and dance!
We have been learning about weddings from the world, their different customs, traditions and much more. This time, we will talk about Buddhist weddings. When we think on a Buddhist wedding, we might imagine the bride with a super colorful wedding dress and a priest that looks like Dalai Lama. However, our perception and believes of other culture weddings are usually based on what we have seen on movies or TV shows and the reality is nothing similar to that. When discussing marriage in the Buddhist religion, it is important to take into account that they do not have a specific wedding ritual or ceremony because they do not consider marriage a religious event; therefore, when they celebrate a wedding, what they do is the called couple’s blessing. Even if they take different traditions and symbols from other religion weddings, the ceremony is not as stiff as a Muslim or catholic wedding. Buddhists give a great deal of importance to astrology, that’s why everything related to commitment and weddings is dictated by the monks who, beforehand, prepare and interpret the couple’s astrological chart. Based on those, they determine different aspects such as the time and date of the wedding. They marry in front of an altar that has the Buddha. It is usually decorated with flowers and other elements chosen by the couple. Friends and family will be behind the couple and the Buddhist monk will usually be standing higher than the rest of the people. During the wedding ceremony, the couple must be together in a posture known as the Wai, which is gesture of respect, before receiving the Buddhist monk’s blessing. Then, the monks will start the ceremony with a sermon and once he finishes sharing his thoughts, he will lead the vow interchange which is a vital part of a Buddhist wedding. Once done, to express their gratitude, the couple offers food to the monks and Buddha and the monks will chant the wedding prayer and then will eat. Only after they finish eating, the senior monk will bless the couple and all the guests with holy water. The celebration after the wedding ceremony is a traditional wedding party with food, music and dancing. The type of food will depend on the country where the couple is from but it usually includes pork, beef, rice and other traditional dishes.