100 Questions to Ask Before You Get Married
100 Questions to Ask Before You Get Married
Alex Wong Photography
+Ask About Love and Marriage
- What do you picture our lives to look like in ten years?
- What would you do if we fell out of love?
- Would you feel comfortable going to marriage counseling?
- In what ways do you think our lives will change once we are married?
- How important is sex in marriage?
- What are your sexual expectations?
- What are your views on porn?
- What is your biggest fear about being married?
- What do you think is the best thing about marriage? The worst thing?
- What do wedding rings mean to you?
- If there was one thing you could change about me, what would it be?
- What do you love about me?
- Do you have any doubts about our relationship?
- How do you expect our anniversary to be acknowledged?
- What is the best way for us to keep our love alive?
- What are your views on prenups?
- What are your views about divorce?
- What was/is your parents relationship like?
- How will our past relationships effect our marriage?
- Do you believe that "love is all you need'?
Ask About Children
Alicia Lucia Photography
- How many kids do you want?
- When do you see us having kids?
- How far apart do we want their ages?
- If we get pregnant, how long will we wait to announce it to family and friends? Is there anyone that is an exception to waiting to tell?
- Will one of us stop working to take care of our kids?
- If yes, who?
- If no, what kind of childcare do we want?
- Would we want to home school our kids?
- Is private school something we want to pursue? Would we be able to afford it?
- How do you feel about paying for our kids college education?
- Will we give our kids an allowance? Do they have to earn it?
- If we discover we can't get pregnant on our own would we be open to medical treatment? surrogacy? adoption?
- Would we be interested in being foster parents?
- How do we want to handle discipline? For example, one of our kids is bullying at school or is failing classes? What would we do?
- What do you think it means to be a good parent?
- Are the roles of a mom and dad different? If so, what are they?
- Is there anything that worries you about having kids?
Ask About Religion and Personal Values
- What are our religious beliefs?
- If they are different, how can we realistically handle these differences?
- What role do we want these beliefs to play in our lives?
- What religious holidays will we celebrate?
- What are your views on birth control?
- What is more important - financial stability or family relationships?
- What are you religious beliefs about marriage?
- What do you think about infidelity?
- Do you believe an emotional affair is a real thing?
- How would you handle it if someone was talking badly about me?
Ask About Money
- What kind of career do you envision yourself having and what have you done to get there?
- How much money do we each make now and what is a the realistic potential growth?
- What spending lifestyle do we want to have and is it realistic?
- How do you feel about debt?
- What debt do you have now?
- What's your credit score?
- Do you know how to keep a budget?
- What are your views on saving money?
- What would we do if we lost either of our jobs?
- Would we ever move in with either of our parents? For how long?
- When do you think it is important to start saving for retirement?
- Will we invest our money?
- How will we determine what to invest it and how much?
- Would you feel comfortable lending money to a family member or friend?
- Is there a max amount?
- Anyone that would be an exception?
- Who will be in charge of managing our money? For example, ensuring bills are pain on time?
Ask About Family and In-Law Relationships
- What is the role of a wife?
- What is the role of a husband?
- Do you get along with and like my family?
- How often do we expect to see our extended families?
- How often will we go to them?
- How often will they come to us?
- What role will our parents play in our children's lives?
- How much about our daily lives will they know?
- Do you feel comfortable discussing the intimacies (money, sex, fights) of our relationship with anyone in your family?
- Would you feel comfortable if I discusses the intimacies of our relationships with someone in my family?
- Does anyone in your family have a history of mental illness? violent or addictive behaviors?
- Do you have a family history of diseases?
- Would we ever let any of our parents live with us?
- Would we ever let any of our siblings live with us?
- How would you handle a member of your family telling you they don't like me?
- Have you ever suffered from depression or any issues involving mental health?
- Would you be willing to seek treatment if you ever became depressed?
- Would you be willing to attend therapy with me if I asked you to?
- If I needed to change my diet for health reasons, would you change yours with me?
- How do you feel about weight gain?
- How important is it for you that I am physically fit? That you are physically fit?
- If one of us gets out of shape, can the other ask us to refocus on our physical health?
- Do you live an active or sedentary lifestyle?
- How important is having good health insurance?
- Do you currently have any medical conditions or take any medication?
London Light Photography
- What kind of music and movies do you like?
- Would you rather stay home and watch movies together or go out dancing?
- How do you picture our daily life to go?
- How do you feel about me going out with friends without you?
- Do you need to go out with friends without me?
- How would you feel about me going on a trip with friends without you?
- How do you feel about having close friends of the opposite sex?
- How important is spending time alone to you?
- Will we share access to all of our social accounts?
- Do you enjoy traveling?
- What do you picture the perfect vacation being?
- How much money do we want to dedicate to travel?
- How much work are you able to take off for travel and family vacations?
- How often will we go out on dates as a couple?
- If we have different interests, will we just enjoy them separately or take turns dedicating time and trips to what the other likes?