"Sand and Shells " Wedding Cake Topper
The "Sand and Shells" cake topper is our number one beach cake topper because it is pretty much flawless. From the toes in the sand to the effortless wedding day kiss it is beautiful. We love the paint work on this topper because the shading really does add texture and a little bit of life (look at those rosie cheeks). And, as always with C&R products, there is that beautiful crystal on the bride's ring finger. All the little details with this cake topper are what puts it at number one!
Surfer Dude and Bikini Girl Bride and Groom Cake Topper This surfer dude figurine set is a customer favorite and makes number two as the best beach cake topper because of it's vibrant colors, easy-going humor, and straight up adorableness!
- "Summer Lovin" Surfer Cake Topper
Another sweet beach themed cake topper takes the number three slot! This cake topper seems to evoke ideas of young and pure love. If you or your soon-to-be love to surf, this topper with the simply and summery designed surf board and delicate flowers is the perfect topper for you!
- "Crystal Starfish" Wedding Cake Topper Looking for something a little different? This unique starfish cake topper is our number four, not only because it is a little different, but also because it's details are exquisite! The crystal accents at the center of each starfish really are what makes this cake topper go from glitter to absolute shine.
Beach Wedding Acrylic Heart Starfish Cake Topper
Casual First Dance Wedding Bride and Groom Cake Topper Figurine This cake topper is perfect for a casual wedding on the sand. If you are carefree and laid back (and let's face it, most beach bums are), then this cake topper is for you!
- Starfish Cake Topper So as this is the third starfish cake topper to make the top ten, it is becoming obvious that starfish tend to make good wedding cake toppers. Why? We talk about love under the stars of night and these are the stars of the ocean. If you are having a beach themed wedding, what could be a more romantic cake topper? Wish upon a starfish with our number seven of beach topper favorites and enjoy its clean design that will work with any color scheme.
- Beach Romance Bride and Groom Wedding Cake Topper We love this romantic cake topper because it captures that special over the threshold moment that is symbolic of starting your new life together. The "just married" carved into the sand is one of the many details that make this one of the best cake toppers to capture the moments of your big day.
- Toucans Tropical Wedding Cake Topper okay. These toucans are adorable! They are number nine partially because of their cuteness and then partially because they are a different twist in how to do a cake topper. If you are skeptical of how these colorful toucans will look atop you elegant wedding cake, take a look at the photos we have of how a couple used our Boston Terrier Dogs cake toppers -absolute elegance.
- Romantic Wedding Couple Lounging The final item in our top ten this week is lounging in the sand couple. What we really like about this topper is the naturalistic posing that can be incorporated easily with your beach atmosphere.
So...What is the Difference Between Porcelain and Resin?This is a common question at Wedding Collectibles because most wedding cake toppers are going to be made of one or the other. To answer this question I will go over the qualities of both, noting some pros and cons of each. It is important, however, to know that whether you should buy a porcelain cake topper versus a resin cake topper will depend more on what is important to you. Porcelain Porcelain is a ceramic material made similar to the way that glass is made, involving heating or firing of material such as clay.If it breaks, you will notice that the texture of the broken surface will feel powdery, demonstrating that the material is made of smaller materials or grans. However, unless it is dropped or hit with something it isn't going to break. Porcelain is a material that doesn't ware away or in anyway disintegrate. These are known for being a high quality cake topper. Why?
- Porcelain lasts longer. The color and shape won't fade or distort (unless you drop it and it breaks!)
- The major disadvantage is that is can't hold edges very well. What this means is that if the edge or detail is too thin, it will collapse on itself. If you have a porcelain cake topper, you do not need to worry about this happening. This would only occur while making the figurine, meaning that it limits the kind of details you are going to find in the cake topper.
- Expensive Material. High quality porcelain cake toppers do tend to be more expensive, but not necessarily out of budget. If you are looking for a long lasting keepsake, porcelain is well worth the money!
- Resin can be intricately detailed, meaning that your cake topper can have more detail.
- It can be cheaper than porcelain, but still maintain a similar look.* (See exemption in Cons below!)
- Resin actually yellows over time, so if you buy a resin cake topper you may find the white to be looking a little less...white. If you display it in an area that has a lot of sun, your cake topper will easily be yellowed within a year. Whether it sits in the sun or not, it will yellow, the sun just speeds up the process.This is why if you plan on your cake topper being a keep sake that you will have around for a lifetime or more, you may want to look at something other then Resin.
- The cost is increasing! Resin is most basically a high grade plastic. For a long time this meant that the cake toppers could be made at a lower cost, but the cost of this material is going up. Making the cost difference between Resin and Porcelain to not be so much of a difference.
If you have any more questions on these difference please feel free to post below or give us a call!!
Take a look Wedding Collectibles's "Coastal Cake Top
Cake Decorating Ideas That Are Meant to Help Brides Weddings come in all shapes and sizes, as do the pieces that build them up: centerpieces, wedding dresses, favors, and wedding cakes. The wedding cake, being one of the those must items, can be done in so many different ways and it can sometimes be hard to sort through all of the cake decorating ideas. An important thing to remember is that they are ideas, suggestions, and simply possibilities and not really rules. Of course, the cake decorating ideas that you are likely to encounter are going to be based on both tradition and the way cakes have been decorated in the past and on ways in which you can push on those traditions. As you sort through these decoration ideas, you can pick and choose between traditional and non-traditional designs. Some brides prefer pulling from the more traditional wedding cake decorating ideas because it can be a more sentimental route. However, adhering to a tradition does not mean it has to be in a traditional way. For example, wedding cake toppers are a traditional aspect of wedding cake decorations -that bride and groom at the top of the cake have been there since before you were born- but that doesn't mean you can't put a fun twist to the design. Unique Cake Toppers as a Twist on Traditional Wedding Cake Decorating Ideas
- Unique Animal Wedding Cake Toppers - Seal it with a kiss with this Seal Wedding Cake Topper A lot of bride's will choose to have a beach wedding this summer and along with that you will find plenty of beach themed wedding cake toppers with seashells and feet in the sand (see: "Beach Get Away" and "Beach Romance") which can be unique in there more natural and casual design's, but how many wedding cakes have you found with seals on top? Animal wedding cake toppers may not be every bride's cup of tea, but you can be assured that it would be an adorable and unique cake decorating idea.
- Take a look at a more Stylized Design for a Twist on the Traditional More stylized and artistic designs can also give you a different look, but keep you in the realm of tradition. There is something beautiful about the ease of these romantic wedding cake decorations.
- You have choices in the shape of your cake from its height to its form. Will you choose a round cake or square? Or will you go way out of the box and create your own shape? Will you have three tiers or two? Or Will you use cupcakes?
- Another area people are branching out are in the color of their cake. Typically, people choose a white frosted cake as its base color, but why not mix it up?
- Do you need cake? Some couples are pushing through this tradition by using pies and other desert options in place of the traditional wedding cake. Keep in mind that choosing pies would limit your decorating options (though there are some great "Monogram" cake toppers that are great for wedding pies!)