Top 10 Hipster Wedding Cake Toppers
Top 10 Hipster Wedding Cake Toppers
If you don't know already, hipsters are, as defined by the consistently useful Urban Dictionary, "a subculture of men and women typically in their 20's and 30's that value independent thinking, counter-culture, progressive politics, an appreciation of art and indie-rock, creativity, intelligence, and witty banter." This subculture has gained increasing traction over the years, effecting change in mainstream values and trends. It comes as no surprise that it has opened up a whole new world of increasingly popular wedding trends (as seen in Refinery 29's info graphic featured on the left). In fact, you will often find that when we feature "twists" on different wedding traditions such as wedding cakes and cake toppers, that it is the hipster community that has inspired this push on tradition. So this week, we are highlighting those wedding cake toppers that would be at home at a hipster wedding! The following cake toppers take on this challenge of pushing against tradition while also being a part of tradition: many of which take on a vintage feel that goes in par with the Hipster tendency to search thrift shops and vintage styles.
Ballroom Beauty Paper Doll Mix and Match Bride and Groom This paper doll cake topper embodies the hipster tendency toward the vintage and unique. It even allows for great individualism as you can mix and match the "dolls" to suite who you are perfectly!
Hobo Wedding Cake Topper This patched up bride and groom would fit in at a hipster wedding because of its vintage feel and because of it play on a hipster Bride's likelihood to refurbish her wedding dress from thrifty finds, though her artistic skill would probably be beyond square patches!
Crafters Bride and Groom Wedding Cake Topper
This more traditional looking cake topper makes the cut because of the Bride's less traditional dress, but also, and more so, because of the unique and colorful button adorned base!
- Mr & Mrs Banner Cake Topper This banner styled cake topper has become increasingly popular and is often found at a Hipster wedding. In fact, as demonstrated in the above info graphic, you are likely to find a banner or two as reception decor!
- Zebra Wedding Cake Topper As Hipsters tend to be on the more creative side, you are likely to find a fun and cute cake topper like these Zebra salt and pepper shakers. Salt and Pepper shakers are not wedding cake toppers? Why not? The porcelain figurines work great on top of a cake AND can be used in your new home together afterword. The hipster in you may not be able to resist!
Custom Names Topper
This monogram cake topper is not only a twist on the traditional figurine cake topper, but also mixes up the traditional look of a monogram cake topper! This monogram works great with whatever desert your serving at your wedding, be it cake, pie, cupcakes, or even doughnuts!
- Wood Finish Bride and Groom Cake Topper FigurineThis cartooned take on the traditional bride and groom with the big bow tie is exactly the type of cake topper you would find at a hipster wedding. Match it with some unique flower choices and mason jar lighting and you are in business!
- Language of Love Forever Wedding Cake Topper Figurine Hipster doesn't always mean vintage, but it does mean unique. The above contemporary cake topper speaks to the artistic nature of hipster culture and with the quote by J. Keats, it invites a more intellectual atmosphere. Additionally the daintiness of both the female and male forms adds an androgynous look that goes hand in hand with hipster culture.
- Blue Dutch Cake Topper As the hipster community has a focus on culture and heritage, a dutch (or whatever your background is) cake topper like this one would be perfect for your hipster wedding. Please note that this cake topper is one of our salt and pepper shakers that we suggest would work great as your cake topper!
- Rocking Chair Mature Couple Cake Topper Even though this cake topper is being listed as number 10, it is an easy favorite for hipster cake toppers. It's quirky colors, thick rimmed glasses, and cardigan's fit in perfectly with the hipster fashion mantra. Aside from that, this topper speaks volumes to the idea of wanting to grow old together. How fun would it be to use this topper again for your 50th anniversary? Or, as they are also salt and pepper shakers, they can act as a reminder of the commitment you made together, for better or for worse!