We were recently inspired by one of the manifestos for Joanna Gaines’ Magnolia Market about their mission to bring life and love into the home.
“Of all heroic pursuits large or small, we believe there may be none greater than a life well loved.” – Magnolia ManifestoWe think it's also the perfect manifesto for a simple barn wedding and the start of your life as a new couple! Using this manifesto and Joanna Gaines' aesthetic as our guide we are sharing 6 design tips to create a wedding reception that exudes life and love in a modern farm aesthetic.
The key to creating a wedding reception fit for any Joanna Gaines fan is to create a space that feels lived in and personal.
6 design tips for a simple barn wedding reception:
- The color palette should include neutral colors like: gray, white, pale pink, tan, or soft yellow.
- Use greenery as your accent color and accessorize the space with wooden decor, like these wooden heart confetti.
- Your dinnerware and glasses should be traditional and again go for a clean neutral color here. For another pop of color on your neutral table you can consider using copper and bronze utensils and decor.
- Mason jars. Mason Jars everywhere. You can use them everywhere from the dinner table, to centerpieces, to the guestbook table and more. They are cheap and handy in a lot of ways.
- Borrow or purchase mix-n-match wood furniture for the chairs and reception tables. As we mentioned above, the key to this aesthetic is making it feel "lived in".
- Have fun personalizing your reception tables with chalkboard elements.