"Sand and Shells " Wedding Cake Topper
The "Sand and Shells" cake topper is our number one beach cake topper because it is pretty much flawless. From the toes in the sand to the effortless wedding day kiss it is beautiful. We love the paint work on this topper because the shading really does add texture and a little bit of life (look at those rosie cheeks). And, as always with C&R products, there is that beautiful crystal on the bride's ring finger. All the little details with this cake topper are what puts it at number one!
Surfer Dude and Bikini Girl Bride and Groom Cake Topper This surfer dude figurine set is a customer favorite and makes number two as the best beach cake topper because of it's vibrant colors, easy-going humor, and straight up adorableness!
- "Summer Lovin" Surfer Cake Topper
Another sweet beach themed cake topper takes the number three slot! This cake topper seems to evoke ideas of young and pure love. If you or your soon-to-be love to surf, this topper with the simply and summery designed surf board and delicate flowers is the perfect topper for you!
- "Crystal Starfish" Wedding Cake Topper Looking for something a little different? This unique starfish cake topper is our number four, not only because it is a little different, but also because it's details are exquisite! The crystal accents at the center of each starfish really are what makes this cake topper go from glitter to absolute shine.
Beach Wedding Acrylic Heart Starfish Cake Topper
Casual First Dance Wedding Bride and Groom Cake Topper Figurine This cake topper is perfect for a casual wedding on the sand. If you are carefree and laid back (and let's face it, most beach bums are), then this cake topper is for you!
- Starfish Cake Topper So as this is the third starfish cake topper to make the top ten, it is becoming obvious that starfish tend to make good wedding cake toppers. Why? We talk about love under the stars of night and these are the stars of the ocean. If you are having a beach themed wedding, what could be a more romantic cake topper? Wish upon a starfish with our number seven of beach topper favorites and enjoy its clean design that will work with any color scheme.
- Beach Romance Bride and Groom Wedding Cake Topper We love this romantic cake topper because it captures that special over the threshold moment that is symbolic of starting your new life together. The "just married" carved into the sand is one of the many details that make this one of the best cake toppers to capture the moments of your big day.
- Toucans Tropical Wedding Cake Topper okay. These toucans are adorable! They are number nine partially because of their cuteness and then partially because they are a different twist in how to do a cake topper. If you are skeptical of how these colorful toucans will look atop you elegant wedding cake, take a look at the photos we have of how a couple used our Boston Terrier Dogs cake toppers -absolute elegance.
- Romantic Wedding Couple Lounging The final item in our top ten this week is lounging in the sand couple. What we really like about this topper is the naturalistic posing that can be incorporated easily with your beach atmosphere.
Funny Cake Toppers for All Kinds of Laughs
Funny wedding cake toppers are a great addition to just about any kind of wedding. It can even be great for the more serious and traditional wedding because it lightens that wedding mood right on up! Having a funny cake topper at your wedding is a great way to remind your guests and even yourself that a wedding is a celebration and is meant to be enjoyed. Just like there are different kinds of jokes there are different kinds of funny cake toppers. So, if you are looking to go the more humorous route for your wedding cake topper, take a moment to decide what kind of laughs you want to evoke and enjoy! 1. Cutsie-Giggles This more cutsie funny cake topper section is the home of cake toppers like our "1950's Couple" and "Playful Football" cake toppers. It might seem like a wide range, but these are the type that make people smile and say things like "oh how funny" or "look how cute". These are the more adorably funny toppers. 2. Blushes This is the va-va-voom section. If you want to get a bold cake topper these funny cake toppers are the best for a widest variety of reactions. You may have more traditional family members reacting negatively, but the groomsmen (and probably the bridesmaids) will find this cake topper hilarious. These types of cake toppers are great for representing just how "crazy" in love you are! If you want something a little less steaming but with a similar sexy funny vibe, our "Tender Touch" (wink wink) and "Over the Threshold" cake toppers can send a similar, but less bold, message. 3. Laugh Out Loud The laugh out loud funny cake toppers are similar to the more cutsie-giggles wedding cake toppers, except that they tend to much more exaggerated. These are great for couples that have a stand out characteristic or to match wedding themes. Examples include the "To the Rescue!", "Western Lasso", and "Still Shopping" wedding cake toppers.
So...What is the Difference Between Porcelain and Resin?This is a common question at Wedding Collectibles because most wedding cake toppers are going to be made of one or the other. To answer this question I will go over the qualities of both, noting some pros and cons of each. It is important, however, to know that whether you should buy a porcelain cake topper versus a resin cake topper will depend more on what is important to you. Porcelain Porcelain is a ceramic material made similar to the way that glass is made, involving heating or firing of material such as clay.If it breaks, you will notice that the texture of the broken surface will feel powdery, demonstrating that the material is made of smaller materials or grans. However, unless it is dropped or hit with something it isn't going to break. Porcelain is a material that doesn't ware away or in anyway disintegrate. These are known for being a high quality cake topper. Why?
- Porcelain lasts longer. The color and shape won't fade or distort (unless you drop it and it breaks!)
- The major disadvantage is that is can't hold edges very well. What this means is that if the edge or detail is too thin, it will collapse on itself. If you have a porcelain cake topper, you do not need to worry about this happening. This would only occur while making the figurine, meaning that it limits the kind of details you are going to find in the cake topper.
- Expensive Material. High quality porcelain cake toppers do tend to be more expensive, but not necessarily out of budget. If you are looking for a long lasting keepsake, porcelain is well worth the money!
- Resin can be intricately detailed, meaning that your cake topper can have more detail.
- It can be cheaper than porcelain, but still maintain a similar look.* (See exemption in Cons below!)
- Resin actually yellows over time, so if you buy a resin cake topper you may find the white to be looking a little less...white. If you display it in an area that has a lot of sun, your cake topper will easily be yellowed within a year. Whether it sits in the sun or not, it will yellow, the sun just speeds up the process.This is why if you plan on your cake topper being a keep sake that you will have around for a lifetime or more, you may want to look at something other then Resin.
- The cost is increasing! Resin is most basically a high grade plastic. For a long time this meant that the cake toppers could be made at a lower cost, but the cost of this material is going up. Making the cost difference between Resin and Porcelain to not be so much of a difference.
If you have any more questions on these difference please feel free to post below or give us a call!!
A Frog Prince Wedding
What is the Story of The Frog Prince and Why is it Perfect for a Wedding? The story of The Frog Prince has be told and retold for many generations creating many versions that all end the same "Happily Ever After". No matter which version the general story includes a prince that is turned into a frog by some evil character, whether it be out of jealousy or punishment for his judgmental or harsh behavior, and he must find a princess that will love him and kiss him (and in some cases as specific as eating off a plate sleeping in her bed for a designated number of days). The story line is quite similar to Disney's Beauty and the Beast and is revamped in Disney's Princess and the Frog. This truly is a perfect love story to feature or theme your wedding after if you feel your relationship has transformed each other. Often, when we are in love with the right person, that person will not force us to change or be something we are not, but somehow they will make us want to be better. This seems to be what is behind The Frog Prince love story: Acceptance, growing together, and wanting the best for each other. What could be more perfect to create a wedding theme of true love? Suggestions for creating your Frog Prince wedding 1. Engagement photos, Announcements, and Wedding Invitations A great place to start to establish your wedding theme is to incorporate it in your engagement photos, announcements, and invitations. You can go as far as using a real frog as a prop in your photos or keep it simple and have your groom where a green colored shirt. If you wear read lipstick and plant some red lips on his cheek it could make a cute pic that keeps with the theme! 2. Venue This theme would work great with an outdoor venue, preferably one with a water feature. Like with any theme, you do not have to be literal in every aspect, but having an outdoor venue with water present, will help create the atmosphere that is The Frog Prince. 3. Accessorize Your Wedding The Frog Prince wedding theme is going to be popular enough that you will be able to find on theme unique wedding accessories that will help you add that extra touch. Also, as you select your various wedding musts that you don't want to necessarily have a green frog on, choose items that are fit for a princess! Items like the beautiful toasting glasses above will really add to your Frog Prince theme, helping to create elegance, and a message of dreams coming true.
A Daisy Wedding: The Embodiment of Love & Loyalty
The Daisy is a symbol for loyal love, purity, patience and simplicity. It is a flower that is said to be over 4,000 years old, popping up in ancient Egypt and Crete (Living Arts Originals). At your wedding, the daisy flower would be a wonderful addition in order to emphasize the strength and loyalty of your new marriage. It is also often associated with playfulness and including daisies in your wedding is a wonderful way to spread smiles and the feeling of simple and pure joy. The daisy is a bright and happy flower, but it is also unobtrusive in that it won't always scream to take center stage.
There are several different ways to incorporate the symbol of the daisy flower that goes beyond having daisy flowers in your bouquet creating that daisy small touch. It starts with a daisy accented wedding cake topper. The above cake topper features an elegant flowing veil, is hand painted, and is accented with two daisy bouquets. Its soft tones and cheerful daisy accents is a perfect way to incorporate a small touch to tie your daisy theme together.
This cake server set is another way to add that hint of daisy to your wedding and matches the daisy cake topper above. The cake server set is likely to be caught in a camera close up if you are keeping the tradition of cutting the cake, so you are going to want the knife you cut with to be decorative as well as functional.
What you will need to decide is how far you want to take the daisy touch. Is it going to be in the background as a small connector between decor and design? Or is it going to be the main theme? If it is going to be the theme, then you are going to want the daisy to be present in everything: the color scheme, table clothes, china and flatware, guestbook, and any other detail that ends up on that planning check list. However, not everything should have a daisy on it, but you will want the colors to coordinate with the daisy. Lucky for you, the classic daisy is white (a very popular and easy wedding color) and yellow (a happy and bright color) which allow you to create a fresh, romantic, and light wedding theme. Just like any wedding theme, it is important to remember to have fun and to not over do it!
A Unique Cake Topper that Will Light Up Your Wedding
I used to always wonder exactly how glass cake toppers worked. Of course, there is the assumption that they work like any other, but then they light up, and I would get really confused. The etched glass light up cake toppers here at wedding collectibles are bade with a base that can be molded into the top tier of the wedding cake making the base invisible. Basically, all you would do on the wedding day is flip the switch that is in the slot where the glass fits and then put the glass piece in, and wallah! You have a beautiful glass cake topper lit in the color of your choice that looks as if it is floating atop your cake. We like the cake topper featured above because its round cut and vintage design offers a softness that adds elegance and romance to any wedding. Then, the light up feature gives the design a new edge that hints a contemporary vibe keeping your wedding classy and up to date.
Wedding collectibles offers so many different designs within the etched glass category to go with just about any theme. The above "Open Heart" cake topper will work universally with just about any wedding theme, but there are light up glass cake toppers that fit perfectly with beach, religious, fantasy, vintage, country, or seasonal. These cake toppers really are a unique option for that bride looking to have something different, something special, to make her wedding perfect. What is more is that these cake toppers a personalizeable and easily becomes a family heirloom.
If you are not a fan of the light up feature, but you like the look of the etched glass, you have two (really more than that, but we are going to talk about two), options. The first is to simply not turn on the the light up feature. This is the route you want to go if you have your heart set on a cake topper designed to light up. The second is to take a peek at the etched glass cake toppers that we offer without the light up feature. Both create that effortless look that will melt into any wedding theme and design.
Megan – Saint Louis, Missouri
Austin – La Jolla, California
Deborah – Nassau, Bahamas
Joan Spitler, joanieandleighscakes.com – Los Angeles, California
Karen – New Richmond, Wisconsin
Jessica – Louisville, Kentucky